adopt your own virtual pet!

Friday, December 11, 2009

DEC 11/09 11:45 PM

Today was a teting day for my nerves. I woke up around 4:00 am with a case of edema. I took a water pill then went back to sleep. Around 5:00 am I started to get bad leg cramps as the water pill was working good in my sleep. My plan was to go for blood tests around 9:00 am then maybe make a couple of stops along the way. No such luck as I rolled back over and slept in til almost noon. It was cold as heck so I pedalled a couple of blocks then transferred to the bus. The bus was a bit late but it usually is on cold days. I finally got to the hospital and was told it was a glucose test. My heart sunk into despair as a glucose test takes over two hours and it already was 2:30. I guess I wasn't going to get anything else done today. I gave my first blood and raced off to the cafeteria at the other end of the hospital for my two peices of toast, two packets of jam, glass of juice, black coffee, and packet of sugar. After fasting since 6:00 pm the night before this isn't much to eat but it's better than starving to death. I made it to the cafeteria and loudly exclamed "Oh F*ck" when I read the sigh at the door. They were closed til 3:30 pm and I was about ready to keel over. I eventually found the nurse's cafeteria and made my purchase. I consumed the food in about two minutes not wanting to waste any time. I made it back to the waiting room and nodded off. I was awakened about 4:30 and went to do the rest of my test. My big mouth told her that I didn't finish eating til 3:00 so I had thirty minutes more to to wait. That would have caused me to miss my bus by about ten minutes so I fibbed, telling her I was really done ten minutes before I thought it was, I gave my blood and away I went. The bus was late and the last two blocks of my journey were hard to pedal in the dark, cold, and ice. I gave a sigh of relief as I thought nothing else could go wrong. I went to check my Adsense account and discovered it was terminated. Dang, I had almost $15.00 in my account. They gave me some mumble jumble talk why it was terminated and some links to click for explanations. After more mumble jumble I gave up. I have to think that if something was wrong they should have terminated the account two and a half months ago instead of letting it accumulate a small fortune. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. I'm off to watch some tv as I'm turning into a 1958 Rambler again. Oh, for icing on the cake, my remote control is acting up. My day just keeps getting better and better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home