adopt your own virtual pet!

Monday, June 06, 2011

JUN 06/11 11:34 PM

It was a long day. I woke uo about 3:39 am. I went to the hospital in the morning to get my electronics checked out. The batteries need to be replaced so I'm off to Saint John in about three weeks or a month's time. You'd think with the new batteries costing about $60,000.00 they'd put rechargables in or give me a plug in adapter. I nodded off at the hospital a couple of times and took a nap when I got home. After that I played on the puter. I'm off to watch some tv and nod off.

4 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Monctonian said...

Out of curiosity, how do you get to Saint John for something like that?

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Willy C Wuddle said...

It used to be they get you there then find your own way home. Now it's find your own way both ways. I have it figured out that purchase a round trip bus ticket from Acadia lines for about $57.00. Bus fare will be about $2.00 from the bus station to the hospital, and $2.00 back. I can save hotel money by camping out in the emergency room overnight (blending in with the late crowd). I sleep quite well in waiting rooms. If I pack a lunch down and stop at Mc D's for three burgers and a pop on the way back the trip should cost me about $67.00. Any stories I get to tell about the trip in the future will be a bonus.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Monctonian said...

Not much good to us then. The missus has had a couple of tests with those monitor thingies from ...can't remember the name now, at 100 Arden.

If there's nothing conclusive, another test at Saint John was mentioned.

Bus is an absolute non starter with the wheelchair. Perhaps they'd fly us. lol

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Willy C Wuddle said...

Back in 2002 I got to take a private jet to Halifax to get my ICD put in. Before that I got an ambulance ride to Saint John to get my arteries balooned out. Both times I had to find my own way back home. Things have changed and now you have to find your own way to and from the out of town hospital.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home