adopt your own virtual pet!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

MAR 12/13 11:08 PM

We started to pick through the boxes and boxes of my parent's stuff today. Man oh man, what a big job. We will divide up the stuff tomorrow after the ceremony. To some it may sound as if we're a greedy bunch, taking stuff so soon, but I assure you we aren't. My sister is moving into the place at the very near future so we have to get moving (any puns intended). I found my father's old army mug and a viewer with an old picture of my him tending bar in it. I staked my claim on both articles and an old ACLP (Albert County Liquor Pigs) mug I gave when I was back in high school. I'm content with that. I spent almost an hour shining up the army mug in the hope it will fit into the little glass case next to his war medals. It may be crowded in there with his and my mother's ashes, the dog's ashes, the dog and cat's pictures, and the medals. If it is I will find a special place to put the mug at the market where I can show it to people and pass on some of his war stories. I'm covered with cat hair as I type. I'll make no attempt to clean it off before tomorrow. Hopefully my mother will sense the cat hair and know for sure her cat is well looked after. I'm off to get some much needed beauty sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home